The National Competition is on Sunday 10 September 2017 at the Manchester Conference Centre, Sackville Street, Manchester M1 3BB starting at 2.00pm.
There is parking nearby, on Charles Street, just off Sackville Street, the charge is £2 for the day. The Centre is approx. a 15 minute walk from Piccadilly train station.
Public Speaking Competitions
Competitions are organised in all areas of the UK by local Catenians. Schools will be contacted directly with details of how to participate.
The winners of the Regional Competitions are invited to the National Final held in Manchester.
Comments made about the National Competition are below:
Comments from Students
- Everyone was very kind and welcoming. It was well organised and a great experience.
- The organisation, venue and the categories were good.
- Thanks for the great opportunity.
Comments from Parents:
- My first time attending and I have been blown away with the standard and quality of the young people.
- Fantastic performances of a very high standard - Great opportunity for the youngsters.
- Great opportunity for young Catholics to get great experience.
- Fantastic to see young people shine. Great opportunity for Catholic youths to get together.
- Superb opportunity and challenge for the contestants.
- Feedback from adjudicators very helpful, encouraging but also honest and clear.
Comment from a tutor
- Thank you for the opportunities you provide fro so many students. It's amazing how many go on to excellent careers. partly because they develop the confidence and skills that come from public speaking. May you continue such excellent work!
Contact Phil Brown the National Coordinator for further details: Email: email@example.com Tel: 0161 747 9332
The 2016 contestants with the adjudicators (seated from left to right) Wendy Sutcliffe, Rt Rev John Arnold, Bishop of Salford, Dr Sandra Brinkley and Grand President of The Catenian Association David Rowley.
2016 Winner Percy Fagent, St George's College, Weybridge
Second Place Milo Callaghan, St Anselm's College, Birkenhead